Just Getting Started?
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 One-on-One
by Deke McClelland
Tutorial and project based with videos on CD.
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 Studio Techniques
by Ben Willmore
Clear, concise examples and techniques make this book a handy reference when you need a bit of inspiration or need to create a specific effect.
Excellent Reference Books:
- Real World Photoshop CS2
by David Blatner & Bruce Fraser
Solid technical Photoshop information, well written, no special effects, and a 85-page chapter on color settings.
- Real World Camera Raw With Adobe Photoshop CS2
by Bruce Fraser
- Real World Color Management, 2nd edition
by Bruce Fraser, Fred Bunting, Chris Murphy
The explanations are clear, the advice practical. A good balance is struck between necessary detail and non-technical information.
More Creative than Technical Books:
- The Photoshop CS and CS2 WOW! Book
by Jack Davis and Linnea Dayton
A book full of tips, tricks and techniques on how to achieve special effects, restore images and push Photoshop to your creative boundaries. The book starts with a comprehensive overview of all the tools and is clearly laid -out making the WOW! book an essential reference for any artist or digital imager.
- Photoshop Restoration and Retouching, 3rd edition
by Katrin Eismann
The book reveals the best-kept secrets that professional retouchers use to change the most damaged images into the cherished family heirlooms. Also includes two extensive chapters on portrait and glamour retouching.
- Photoshop Masking & Compositing
by Katrin Eismann
Learn how to select, mask, master the pen tool, and work with many types of masks to create the images in your imagination. Visit www.photoshopmasking.com for additional information.
More Technical than Creative:
- Photoshop LAB Color: The Canyon Conundrum and Other Adventures in the Most Powerful Colorspace
by Dan Margulis
- Professional Photoshop 7: A Classic Guide to Color Correction
by Dan Margulis
The epitome of old-school prepress professional, Dan Margulis demystifies color correction by the numbers. A completely different point of view than Fraser's and Blatner's Real World Photoshop.
Photoshop for Photographers:
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 for Photographers
by Martin Evening
A comprehensive photographer’s point of view of Photoshop.
- Adobe Photoshop Master Class, 2nd edition
by John Paul Caponigro
The author (the son of Paul Caponigro, a photographer in the tradition of Minor White and Ansel Adams) of Adobe Photoshop Master Class is a skilled art photographer who specializes in intriguing naturescapes that often employ compositing and mirroring. In this book, he shares the photographic wisdom and Photoshop methods that helped create these colorful, mysterious images. Make sure you get the second edition it is much stronger than the first.
- Making Digital Negatives for Contact Printing, 2nd edition
by Dan Burkholder
Guide to making enlarged negatives that will print with non-traditional photographic techniques - from darkroom to computer and back again!
Photoshop for Artists:
- Photoshop Studio with Bert Monroy
This book is a phenomenal inspiration to those interested in photo-realistic effects. Bert has the unique talent of viewing the world around him and recreating that world in ones and zeros. Watch carefully, or one of these incredible digital works might fool you into thinking they are a photograph.
- The Art of Photoshop for Digital Photographers
by Daniel Giordan
- Adobe Photoshop Master Class: Maggie Taylor's Landscape of Dreams
by Amy Standen
- The Real and the True: The Digital Photography of Pedro Meyer
by Pedro Meyer
- The DAM Book: Digital Asset Management for Photographers
by Peter Krogh
Leran to organize, file, archive, and find all your digital images.
- The Computer in the Visual Arts
by Anne Morgan Spalter
Addison-Wesley ISBN: 0-201-38600-3
Well written overview of digital imaging including; history of computer art, photo-editing, 2D and 3D, animation, video, web, and printing issues. human hair extensions